In pursuit of more artistic portraits and landscapes with incredible rendering capabilities and natural bokeh
Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.4E ED, a wide-angle fixed focal length (prime) lens with a bright and fast f/1.4 maximum aperture and a focal length of 28 mm, compatible with Nikon FX-format digital SLR cameras.
The AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.4E ED is a fast, wide-angle fixed focal length lens that reproduces the natural expansion of a space, making it well suited to both portraits and landscapes. It maximizes the potential of today’s high-performance digital SLR cameras with the latest optical design, enabling stable and consistently superior image quality with sharp rendering all the way to the edges of the imaging area, beginning at the maximum aperture. What’s more, the maximum aperture of f/1.4 realizes artistic expression utilizing bright and beautiful bokeh. The AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.4E ED is loaded with features that enable superior rendering capabilities.
Adoption of three aspherical lens elements effectively suppresses sagittal coma flare for excellent point image reproduction, while the adoption of two ED glass elements provides effective compensation for axial chromatic aberration, and Nikon’s exclusive Nano Crystal Coat effectively reduces ghost and flare.
In addition to a design that resists dust and drips, Nikon’s exclusive fluorine coat, which effectively repels dust, water droplets, grease, and dirt, and ensures easy removal when they adhere to the lens surface, has been applied to the outer surface of the extreme front and rear lens elements. This offers worry-free outdoor use, regardless of the weather or environmental conditions. Despite being an AF lens, the AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.4E ED is equipped with a focus ring that rotates smoothly giving just the right amount of resistance to provide a good, high-quality operational feel when focusing manually.
The AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.4E ED is a fast, 28 mm wide-angle fixed focal length lens with incredible rendering capabilities and natural bokeh. It responds to the very creative intent of photographers pursuing more artistic photographs.
- A 28 mm wide-angle fixed focal length lens that reproduces the natural expansion of a space
- Consistently superior resolution, all the way to the edges of the imaging area, beginning at the maximum aperture
- Beautiful bokeh that utilizes the speed (brightness) of the f/1.4 maximum aperture
- Effective suppression of sagittal coma flare, often visible as the elongation or distortion of point images in night landscapes, for superior point image reproduction characteristics beginning at the maximum aperture
- Adoption of two ED glass elements for effective compensation of axial chromatic aberration
- Nano Crystal Coat adopted achieving effective reduction of ghost and flare for sharp, clear images
* Specifications, design, product name and supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
via: press release Nikon